Trip registrations are open!
Every trip has a different process so please read closely. Please make sure you register in Realm using your log-in. If you have a Realm account you need to use that to register. Guest registration should only be used for actual guests (which you should totally invite!). Let us know if you have any questions.
These trips are made possible by the proceeds of the annual Tartan Trot road race. Trip costs are offset by about 60%, and the cost for adults is fully covered. A huge thank you to all who support the Tartan Trot!
2021-2022 Waiver Links:
These waivers need to be completed every year. In addition to the online waivers please send a copy of your insurance card to [email protected]
ADULTS COMING WITH US:
You are vital for the summer ministry! We love having you and all you do to help build healthy and supportive environments for our youth. When you travel with us you will be working hard, counting heads, checking in with kids, and, well, participating in the ministry. This is why we pay for your trip.
PAYMENTS/DONATIONS: The cost of your trip is covered, with the exception of personal expenses you incur. However, if you would like to donate to the trip that is awesome!
CANCELLATIONS: We need you on the trips. We anticipate and plan for a certain ratio of adults to youth for each trip. Please do not sign up for a trip unless you are sure you can go. Of course, we understand that things come up and can usually work through things. The earlier we know, the better.
Requirements for all trips:
- Saint Luke’s Presbyterian Medical & Liability Release For Adults (online) and copy of insurance card & drivers license (emailed to Erin Murray)
- Background Check. If you have not had a background check done through Saint Luke’s in the past three years, we will need to do one. We are not concerned about a poor choice you may have made in college. We are doing our due diligence. These background checks are only seen by one staff person and then a pastor if an issue needs addressing. They will be kept in a locked location.
- Child Protection Training. This online training course is required for all adults.
- Any additional trip-specific forms
Deadlines – March 1, 2022:
- All Forms Completed: (at least the forms we have to give you to fill out.) Each trip requires specific forms, they will be communicated to registered participants and shared on the slpres.org website when they are available.
- Final Balance Due: Remaining trip balance due. Balance can be found on Realm with your registration, if you have questions about your balance please contact Erin Murray.
- Cost: Do not let the cost of a trip prohibit you from coming. If you’d like some help with trip costs please contact Erin Rugh
- Massanetta, Mountain TOP, and Montreat all have a $260 non-refundable deposit due at the time of registration. Your registration and paid deposit guarantee your spot on the trip. We are already beginning to reserve spots with our trip partners and our first payments to them are due as early as mid-October. When you register with us, we confirm your spot with and make first payments to them. For that reason, if you cancel after registration we cannot refund the initial deposit unless there is someone to take your place.
Registrations After March 1, 2022:
- We will do our best to register you for trips after March 1, but cannot guarantee your space. To confirm space availability, all of your paperwork and deposit must be completed and turned in. Also, the total cost of your trip could increase by 10% or more depending on the policy of the organization we are traveling with. We may only be able to accept registrations after March 1 if there is a cancellation by another registered participant.
- Your deposit per trip per person is non-refundable. We will do our best to refund the remainder of the balance to you. Refunds are based on several factors, including the amount we have already paid for registrations, the policies of the organization we go with, and the time remaining before we leave for the trip. If there is someone to take your place we will refund you the entire cost of the trip, once that person registers in full including any additional late registration fees.
- It is impossible to predict where we may be with the COVID-19 pandemic by the time of our 2022 summer trips. We remain committed to making decisions with everyone’s health and safe-keeping in mind. If COVID specific protocols or policies are necessary next summer, we will communicate them early and often. If COVID is the reason for a last minute cancellation of an individual or of a trip, full refunds will be available.