Pastoral counselors with the Perimeter Counseling Center located at Saint Luke’s are educated in theology and trained in psychotherapy. From both of these disciplines, they offer therapy for individuals of all ages, couples, families and groups. Incidentally, the pastoral staff (clergy) at Saint Luke’s is not classified as professional counselors.
Pastoral counselors can provide therapy for a wide variety of life’s problems, including
Enhancing communications with your partner
Faith and moral development in children
Grief and loss
Marital and family conflict
Nurturing healthy families
Parenting through the family life cycle
Personal growth and self-awareness
Questions of beliefs and values
Trauma and healing
Troubled personal relationships
Victims of abuse
Violence in the home
Working with diverse faith systems
Services also include mediation (divorce and general) and group therapy.
Who Is Served
Pastoral counseling at the Georgia Association for Pastoral Counseling (GAPC) serves people of all faiths as well as those who profess no religious belief. We believe that effective pastoral counseling respects the unique beliefs of each person. GAPC is committed to serving those of every gender, race and creed. It seeks to make its services affordable to all.
Fees are discussed and agreed upon in the first session.
– Perimeter Counseling Center of Georgia
– Association of Pastoral Counseling (GAPC)
– Bachelor of Arts (Emmanuel College)
– Doctor of Law (Boston College Law School)
– Master of Divinity (Candler School of Theology at Emory)
– Member Associate of the American Association of Pastoral Counselors
– Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist by the State of Georgia
– Phone: 404-636-1457 ext. 52